As we approach the half way point of the year, Not The Barnet Times has decided to break with convention and make an award for the best blog of 2009 - so far!
Competition has been fierce, but in the unanimous view of the judge, the most outstanding article was written by none other that Barnet’s own Rog T whose post on 13th June 2009 succinctly demonstrated the similarity between Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Council Leader Mike Freer.
Not The Barnet Times is pleased to publish an extract of the award winning blog below. The full post can be viewed here:
10 Reasons why
Gordon BrownMike Freer should resign today
1. He wasn't the Leader at the last election
2. He plotted behind the scenes to depose the man who
the countryBarnet elected
3. He has used his leadership to promote a raft of people who clearly aren't up to the job
the country went into recessionBarnet Council lost £27.4 Million in Iceland he took no responsibility whatsoever despite being Prime MinisterCouncil Leader and Cabinet Member for resource management, with a £3,000 responsibility allowance
5. He is happy to tolerate a Cabinet full of people who have gorged themselves on
6. He has promoted people such as
Peter MandlesonBrian Coleman despite a long history of scandals
7. He never apologises for his mistakes
8. He is the architect of shameful policies which
have destroyed peoples pensionswill destroy the Sheltered Housing system and threaten the wellbeing of the Great Britain’sBarnet's elderly
9. He has become a laughing stock, which is bad for
10. He has completely lost touch with the voters.
Congratulations Rog. Your prize is the reinstatement of the warden service which you can collect just as soon democracy and accountability are restored to